Friday, May 18, 2012

Baby Alissa Guernsey -Justice Fridays-

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

16 weeks before being brutally beaten to death(including being beaten what sounds like daily for 16 weeks), 16 month old Alissa lost her daddy in a tragic car
accident.

Alissa mother Kelli was understandable grief stricken. Personally losing my husband in a drowning accident I fully understand Kelli's need to hand her children to what she thought was a loving family member. I'm sure Kelli beats herself daily, but her choice was the same I made. I handed my son over to my dad, but that is where our stories drastically differ.

As Alissa sit strapped in her carseat fighting for life, her attacker stopped at McDonald's for a bite to eat, other children just witnessing Alissa's brutal attack are given happy meals.

I first read Alissa's story several months ago, I instantly fell in love with this beautiful baby girl. At first the only photos I saw where from her autopsy. There lie a lifeless beauty covered in vicious rage. I wanted to jump through the computer and grab her and just hold her. How could ANYONE do this to a child? Having 2 children I know at 16 months there is nothing she could have done to defend herself. Christy Shaffer do you feel like a big bad "woman" beating a helpless child?

At this point I assumed it couldn't get much worse, then you read on to find Alissa fought, and damn hard. After Christy decided it was time she didn't call 911, she called her brother. Alissa died at the hospital after the brother called 911. She fought SO hard!

At this point I imagine police beating Christy Shaffer's door down. Of course this monster will rot in jail. Boy was I WRONG!

Christy Shaffer was offered a plea deal, and served 77 DAYS in jail. That's right 77 days for murder. But wait....she wasn't even charged with murder!! That's right in the state of Indiana in Lagrange County, you can brutally beat babies to death, and not even get a slap on the wrist.

Ohhhhh but wait..Christy Shaffer got her sweet deal from a prosecuter and judge WHO WERE FRIENDS OF THE FAMILY! Now I'm no lawyer, but isn't that a conflict of interest?

I don't have all the facts, but I do know this beautiful baby who I've absolutely fallen in love with deserves justice. The records were sealed, and tight.

Go to http://www.babyalissacries4justice.org/ and form your own opinion. If you agree she deserves justice, sign their petition on change.org, like their Facebook page, and DEMAND JUSTICE FOR ALISSA!

UPDATE: JUNE 8, 2012. PLEASE SEE OUR JULY MAGAZINE FOR A FULL LENGTH STORY ABOUT ALISSA. I WILL FIGHT FOR THIS LITTLE GIRL UNTIL SHE GETS HER JUSTICE. WWW.PLUSPARENTSMAGAZINE.COM

4 comments:

  1. For some reason I can't glory the petition to sign but I'll like the Facebook page!
    I think there should be a re-triale and this time for murder and may she rot in hell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can try and go on via a pc - or on the faceboook page there is a link there you can try - please let me know if you need any more help signing - there are over 60,000 likes on the facebook page, but only 39,643 signatures - Alissa needs 50,000 signatures for this petition to be valid.
      i can be emailed awoosley09@gmail.com

      here is another link to vote

      https://www.change.org/petitions/indiana-state-attorney-general-open-a-state-murder-investigation-for-the-fatal-beating-of-alissa-guernsey#share

      Delete
  2. I just want you to know this fight has not died!!

    http://www.change.org/petitions/indiana-state-attorney-general-open-a-state-murder-investigation-for-the-fatal-beating-of-alissa-guernsey

    https://www.facebook.com/BabyAlissaCriesForJustice.org?ref=ts&fref=ts

    http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-859123

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Bless you for your blog! and sorry for the loss of your husband !!!!!

    ReplyDelete