Friday, June 1, 2012

Christian Jackson *Justice Fridays*

When I started looking for a story for this week, I came across the murder of Christian Jackson. I dug deep, and felt nothing but sorrow for this little boy. My goal with writing about these children isn't to point fingers, but seek justice. I however found it very hard to not think "Um HELLO!"

Christian like many children nowadays lived in two homes. Before Christian's death his father sought emergency custody because Christian had signs of abuse on his little body. However that was denied, and Christian continued to live with his mother too. Having a son, I understand bruises are going to happen, but Christian had bite marks, and injuries not consistent with rough play. I went on to find out that Christian's mother was previously involved in an abuse case involving her daughter, but in exchange for her testimony against her ex boyfriend, she faced no jail time. His mother and ex-boyfriend beat their daughter, breaking her arm, and the mother tried to cover it up. The daughter was taken, and she has not been able to regain custody(thank God!). So I was questioning, why in the heck was Christian allowed to stay with this woman?

The evening Christian became ill, he was with his father, however earlier in the day his mother dropped him off. He was rushed to the hospital, and later died. The autopsy said he died of blunt force trauma. So pretty much he was hit so hard in the stomach that it killed him. However, this can be a LONG process. Internal injuries can kill you instantly, take hours, or sometimes even days. Christian's paternal Grandmother was with Christian and his father when he started showing signs that something wasn't right. No abuse occurred to Christian in his fathers home that night. NONE. So what happened to Christian?

I wasn't going to write about Christian at first, because from my understanding his father has been arrested and charged with the crime, but I cannot confirm that. Even if he is awaiting trial, I don't think the father is the one to blame. Yes, the father has a criminal record, but the mother does too, and it is MUCH worse. She has been involved in abuse of her children before, and has lost a child to the state before, which they WILL NOT allow her to get back. Something doesn't add up.

Christian has no facebook, there are no petitions on change.org asking for justice for him, there are only people like you and me reading his story. I did find a youtube video of him, which is actually how I found out about him. Please help in finding out the truth for Christian. This little boy had a brightness to his eyes, that made me want to tell his story. Start a facebook page for him, tell his story on others walls, blog about him, anything. This little boy is very quickly becoming another cold case, and he deserves justice......and justice means charging the right person.

No comments:

Post a Comment